Day 1
On moving morning, everything went fine in Grinnell. The closing on the house was pretty quick and by 9am we were on the road. I drove the Highlander, Dave drove a truck, and Dave's dad drove another truck and pulled Dave's pickup. After driving for 45 minutes, the check engine light came on in the truck Dave was driving. Luckily we were close to Des Moines and the Penske truck place, so we detoured. After waiting an hour for the truck to be fixed, we were back on the road. We cruised along about 70 mph, max speed on the trucks and stopped for lunch. After lunch and back on the road, Ella threw up her lunch. So, I stopped and the trucks continued on. I cleaned up Ella and fed Ty and 30 minutes later I was on the road and trying to catch up with the trucks. As soon as I got close to catching up, Ty needed to eat and have a diaper change. Also, around 6 pm, Ty was done being in the car and cried until 10pm when we finally stopped in Chyenne, Wyoming for the night. What a long day!
So, we headed out around 8:30 am. I was determined not to have to play catch-up and since I knew I would have to be stopping to feed and change Ty, I just took off on my own. About 45 minutes after leaving, my change engine oil now message came on. Since it usually just says change engine oil soon, I was a little worried. I didn't want to burn up my engine, so I thought maybe I needed to add a little oil or something. The first exit with a gas station put me into Laramie, Wy. I had talked to Dave about waiting for him at the gas station, but there wasn't room for the big trucks. So on I went, when I came across a Toyota Dealership. I pulled in and found a very nice sales guy. He looked at mychange oil message, checked my oil level, went with me next door to the gas station, told me what oil to buy, and put it in my car. He didn't charge me anything. He just told me to get a oil change as soon as I got to Utah. Well, back on the road I went, just as Dave was passing me. The rest of the trip was thankfully uneventful. We got to our parents houses around 5 pm. So glad that long trip is over. Now, I just have to wash Ella's carseat.
No comments:
Post a Comment